Work

Joshua Farrell

Administrator
Administrator
Nov 9, 2009
offtopichub.com
FP$
So, for those of you who work, what job do you have?

I am a cook at a cafeteria 30 miles from where I live, and my focus is on meat prep for most of the meals that are made weekly.

Reactions: Fiona1964

Ajay

I'm The Captain Now
Feb 23, 2011
FP$
I'm a software engineer, so I can work from home the majority of the week unless there are meetings or that sort of stuff. I do go in to work on average of 1-2 days a week.

Reactions: Elli

Martee

Paragon
Jul 16, 2011
Coventry, England
FP$
Marketing officer for a large University in the area. Literally just finished my last shift a couple hours ago though and I am now moving to a similar position (for that better pay tho, gotta get that dollar) at a local special educational needs college. Much more wholesome work than working for the 'man' (cause I'm that anti-establishment)

B

Bryn

I'm just a volunteer at a community centre, where I mostly do IT jobs (but did photography-based ones in the beginning).

Elli

Reputable
Jan 20, 2019
ellimccale.com
FP$
I'm a UI developer—which is a very particular type of front-end developer, which is a very particular type of web developer—for a fintech company.

danthex

GamingBoards.net King
Community Team
Forum Sponsor
Jan 29, 2016
Canada
GamingBoards.net
FP$
I'm an independent business IT consultant. I mainly work with networks, server, security and the odd residential service request which is mainly general support such as supporting the home network, connecting devices, security analysis, or troubleshooting common hardware/software problems.

Jason76

Package Team Member
Package Team
Nov 27, 2016
USA
jasonyankee.info
FP$
I take care of my mom. It's not really a job - but it takes up most of my time - and she gives me money here and there for helping - but I wish it was biz investment !!!
Thanks for the kind reactions at the bottom. I shouldn't be complaining about this work. However, I do feel she would be better in the hands of professionals at the moment.

• Winner
Reactions: Van1lla ™

Empire

Confederation of lords
Jul 16, 2015
United Kingdom
www.baysidegamers.com
FP$
I'm an independent business IT consultant. I mainly work with networks, server, security and the odd residential service request which is mainly general support such as supporting the home network, connecting devices, security analysis, or troubleshooting common hardware/software problems.
Man, Sounds like an very good fun job to be apart with! allot of hands on also ;)

Reactions: danthex

Van1lla ™

Seasoned Veteran
Oct 9, 2007
UK
www.google.co.uk
FP$
Jason, I applaude you. Doing it as a job is one thing, but we can always distance ourselves and basically return home to a sense of "normality". But you my friend are representing the fundemental values of care. Starting at home. You might not get paid for it, but people like you deserve praise and congratulations, as I have seen to many families be too quick to hire people like me, even though their parents have raised them their entire lives.

• Agree
Reactions: Elli

Jason76

Package Team Member
Package Team
Nov 27, 2016
USA
jasonyankee.info
FP$
Jason, I applaude you. Doing it as a job is one thing, but we can always distance ourselves and basically return home to a sense of "normality". But you my friend are representing the fundemental values of care. Starting at home. You might not get paid for it, but people like you deserve praise and congratulations, as I have seen to many families be too quick to hire people like me, even though their parents have raised them their entire lives.
Well, I don't really know if this is truly "good will". I mean, if I could find good people - not a nursing home - I would gladly get rid of the problem. Well, now the problem is sort of dumped on me. You don't see my brothers doing this.