Would .gg extension be good?

Discussion in 'Promotion Tricks & Help' started by xenoclix, Feb 23, 2018.

1. xenoclix

xenoclix New Arrival

+0
    Curious what your thoughts are with .gg domain extensions? Especially for gaming sites.

In gaming we refer gg as good game and anyone in the gaming world should refer that abbrv to good game, moreso in the online competitive community.

Would you guys think one should use it. Example if a .com was taken (not used but just taken) but .gg is available and overdll has a better sounding and naming structure then a .com or .net.

Any downfall to using them?

They are abit expensive from some sites i seen as i cant purchase any from godaddy for example. Any other place to look?

Thanks

2. Golddisk

Golddisk Retired Staff

+142
    These extensions always tend to cost more than .coms and .nets do. NameCheap often has sales for the first year of these domains, but then they go back up to their normal prices after the first year.

3. vgchat

vgchat Reputable

+7
    I wouldn't be able to remember that extension lol. However it doesn't make a difference for people that bookmark your site.

4. xenoclix

xenoclix New Arrival

+0
    Had a look at namecheap but they dont support .gg TLDs. Gandi.net do but never heard of them, any good?

Also when it comes down to remembering i understand it will be harder than .com .net etc.

But being game related to a certain niche. Being a single word might make it more apealing?

There alot of other single word .gg game related.

I got alternatives anyway if its not a good idea but thought .gg (good game) is something that players can relate to

5. MasterA

MasterA Administrator Administrator

+661
    I think it depends on the type of gaming site and who your target audience are. For example, if you want to sell some sort of service related to games, then I would not recommend a .gg domain because you want to sound more professional. However, if its just a casual project, then I think .gg will be fine. For example, someone created a stats website for League of Legends called op.gg and that seems to work quite well.

6. Jason76

Jason76 Packager Staff Team

+361
    Maybe some domain hacks?

JimsTowingRi.gg (of course, that's not the correct spelling, though)

BuyYourWi.gg

TheDrummingma.gg (magazine)

7. Gingernuts Fairypie

Gingernuts Fairypie Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+1,906
    what would .gg means??

Most will think of GG as an short for good good or whatever!!!

8. Jason76

Jason76 Packager Staff Team

+361
    .sh is good, though maybe not a real extension. So many domain hacks:

fi.sh
    ca.sh
    wi.sh

9. MrDangem

MrDangem Up-and-Coming Sensation

+54
    I think its cool!! maybe a 2-3 month of DIY SEO and your site will be known.
    Also it might be good to add in header or somewhere visible the URL of the site
    to help them remember it. or you can add it in your Logo. :)