• Hello Guest, we are currently experiencing some technical difficulties with our email system. Please expect a delay in email delivery.

Would you rather be a kid when you grew up or now?

ZandraJoi

Package Team Leader Assistant
Package Team
I grew up in the ‘80’s & would definitely prefer that time. Today, kids don’t use imaginations, don’t play outside. Things are taken for granted a lot more IMO. Little things set people off. I think today’s era, people take & want more & expect things to be handed to them. We had a different work ethic when I was young.

22_22

Madly Diligent
I would definitely say that I preferred growing up when I did, but I can also appreciate the other view as to why some people might prefer now. For instance, technology and gaming have improved in quality, and as a young kid I was an avid gamer, so I'm sure teenage me would be very excited about that. However, these days I love to be outdoors and it was probably more popular to be outdoors when I was a kid, but perhaps not as common if I was to have been born say 10-15 years earlier.

Terminated

Hasta La Vista, Baby
No. I'm enjoying my freedoms as an adult too much to ever want to go back to being a child. My mom and my dad were very strict and controlling when I lived with them.

Lämmchen

The Lämminator
Administrator
I grew up in the ‘80’s & would definitely prefer that time. Today, kids don’t use imaginations, don’t play outside. Things are taken for granted a lot more IMO. Little things set people off. I think today’s era, people take & want more & expect things to be handed to them. We had a different work ethic when I was young.

Totally this! ^^^

I think I would struggle as a kid in today's world because social media is just too cruel and I don't think I could handle it. As an adult I have an I don't care attitude when it comes to the same things that younger me was concerned about.

I would definitely rather have grown up in the '90s. It was the prime (to me) of Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, Saturday morning cartoons and the best sitcoms. I am biased but I enjoyed that time period and everything seemed simpler. With being a '90s kid, I also got to experience the beginnings of forums and fell in love with them. These days, there seems to be negativity everywhere and forums are dying.

I do think growing up in the '70s or '80s could have been fun, though.

Carlos X

Addicted
I would definitely rather have grown up in the '90s. It was the prime (to me) of Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, Saturday morning cartoons and the best sitcoms. I am biased but I enjoyed that time period and everything seemed simpler. With being a '90s kid, I also got to experience the beginnings of forums and fell in love with them. These days, there seems to be negativity everywhere and forums are dying.

I do think growing up in the '70s or '80s could have been fun, though.
I have a similar ideal. Though, I was born in the 80's. You would've LOVED the 80's as much as you loved the 90's.

In the 80's, we were getting out of wars, and did not have wars in the 90's. Sure we had the oil wars of the 90's, but we enjoyed our 80's and 90's.

If you were a gamer, you were exposed to Arcades for 2 decades. You traveled with your friends to nearby arcades, Chuck E' Cheese, and so on.

Films were breakout hits, not Woke trash. Cartoons were free of woke trash, it was all around awesome. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles every Saturday morning!

Kids today have it worse. They're being indoctrinated to this woke garbage.