Ghost

Seasoned Veteran
Blogger
Jun 25, 2009
Earth
wubur.com
FP$
Hello everyone,

I would like to request some feedback on our official company website!
https://wubur.com

Wubur is a web development company, started a couple years ago by myself and my business partner. We are a fully registered and functioning business with employees, HR, contracts, etc. I hope you can keep this in mind when you provide feedback, only in the sense that we are aiming to come across as professional and as a company, not as a freelance or hobbyist website! :) I should also mention that we specialize in website systems such as business networks, forum/blog software, e-commerce solutions, business consulting & startups, as well as mobile apps occasionally.

I truly appreciate any advice, compliments, criticism, or comments as it can help us improve our website moving forward! We recently revamped our site and both our clients and employees are very happy with it, but obviously there is always room for change. Thanks :)

Lämmchen

Paragon
Community Team
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
Yesterday I got the access denied message and today I'm in. Check it out, guys!

My take on the page...the graphics are really overwhelmingly huge. I'm not sure if I like the background moving when I move my mouse or not...still contemplating that feature :D

Now the good thing about big graphics is that older people can see them. The type is just the right size, no complaints at all.

What I really like is that within the first few seconds you KNOW what the site is for, what you're selling, what you're services are, etc... People don't have to go hunting to figure it out which is nice. It's all laid out. Offering a one year warranty is a nice touch too and gives assurance to your clients that they'll be well taken care of.

I gotta say it does look good and I can see you are using WordPress but the rocket ship is old, meaning I see so many other site's (hosting sites) using the same kind of theme with an rocket ship lol But it's eye catching and I do like it. Nothing negative to say

Ghost

Seasoned Veteran
Blogger
Jun 25, 2009
Earth
wubur.com
FP$
I'm getting an error that says "Access denied.".
Same here..
Accessed denied bih
Access denied here as well
Sorry! We are in the process of fixing / replacing some hardware in the datacenter and one of our developers accidentally messed up the routing for our fallback server - it lasted for a bit. Feel free to check it out now :) Sorry for the inconvenience!

Yesterday I got the access denied message and today I'm in. Check it out, guys!

My take on the page...the graphics are really overwhelmingly huge. I'm not sure if I like the background moving when I move my mouse or not...still contemplating that feature :D

Now the good thing about big graphics is that older people can see them. The type is just the right size, no complaints at all.

What I really like is that within the first few seconds you KNOW what the site is for, what you're selling, what you're services are, etc... People don't have to go hunting to figure it out which is nice. It's all laid out. Offering a one year warranty is a nice touch too and gives assurance to your clients that they'll be well taken care of.
Thank you for your feedback. That's definitely something I will think about as large images do not suit everyone!
Did they load slowly for you or somewhat fast?

I gotta say it does look good and I can see you are using WordPress but the rocket ship is old, meaning I see so many other site's (hosting sites) using the same kind of theme with an rocket ship lol But it's eye catching and I do like it. Nothing negative to say
Well, we do have a WordPress installation on the site, but it's not powering the homepage.
The main page is just pure HTML/JS pages. Yeah, I am not a huge fan of the rocket theme either. We are most likely going to commission our own little Wubur robot in the future. We had some mock ups in the beginning, but they don't suit this theme as much.
I really appreciate the feedback :)

Was it easy to acquire the domain name? It looks like an expensive one.
Do you feel it could be confused with a taxi website (no offense)?
Yes, it was available! I'm glad you think it might have been super expensive :)
Yeah, unfortunately we do have some people ask us if we are associated with Uber, and some people think it's WUBER instead of WUBUR. Luckily it hasn't caused too much confusion though! Wuber is some sort of food company, so most people that end up at the wrong website quickly figure it out.

• Haha
Reactions: Jason76
We are most likely going to commission our own little Wubur robot in the future. We had some mock ups in the beginning, but they don't suit this theme as much.
That would be cool to see your own work as an home page that no other has. As time goes on like anything else things improve and things change. Are you gonna to add an review pages?

Ghost

Seasoned Veteran
Blogger
Jun 25, 2009
Earth
wubur.com
FP$
That would be cool to see your own work as an home page that no other has. As time goes on like anything else things improve and things change. Are you gonna to add an review pages?
Yes, we're constantly adapting the page. Everything is our Wubur-Blue & Wubur-Red colors, so we'll probably go with a robot that is like a metallic silver-grey with like a red tool belt or something, maybe brighter blue eyes, and some other cool little things.
We're in the process of writing case studies, but some of our biggest clients have been with us for 1-2 years, so creating PDFs or pages about their projects takes some time... that will come with testimonials / client quotes of course.

Elli

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Jan 20, 2019
ellimccale.com
FP$
I really like this site. The fade-in animations as you scroll down are nice, the animation in the marquee that follows your mouse is a fun effect, and the interface is clean with clear information.

Your graphics are mostly cohesive and while this might not be perceptible to most of your users, I'm picking up different styles. For example, the man on the rocket in the marquee and the rocket under the "Maintenance plans..." section are nearly the same style. The four icons in the intro and "High quality services..." section are similar to that−not quite the same−but close enough. However, the icons in the "Grow your business..." and Pricing sections are quite different, not only from each other, but also from the others. If you can get all of your graphics and icons from the same place, they'll fit together better and make your site feel more "on-brand". Ideally, a graphic designer or illustrator would create these uniquely for your business, but you can also find sets of similar graphics from online markets.

Also, in the "Grow your business..." section, the same icon is in that slider three times. Is this intentional?

Finally: your logo. I'm not a fan of it. At first glance it looks nice. The shapes are clean and it looks modern. But I don't immediately read the "W" as a "W", which means that I read "UBUR" first. That's not good. Secondly, the "W" does not visually match the following letters in height or weight, which throws off the balance of the logo overall and is likely the reason my eyes don't pick up on it as part of the company name. I would suggest either making the "W" the same font as the other letters (but still red), or making it into your logo's icon.

Some quick examples in Photoshop; these aren't ideal solutions, just some ideas. Notice how I increased the height of the stylized "W" in the first example to fit the height of the other letters.

wuburlogo.png

Lämmchen

Paragon
Community Team
Feb 10, 2019
FP$
Thank you for your feedback. That's definitely something I will think about as large images do not suit everyone!
Did they load slowly for you or somewhat fast?
The page loaded very fast even with all the images.

There is one typo that stood out (I haven't read everything) and that's "Usefull Links" at the bottom of the page. It should be Useful.

Ghost

Seasoned Veteran
Blogger
Jun 25, 2009
Earth
wubur.com
FP$
The page loaded very fast even with all the images.

There is one typo that stood out (I haven't read everything) and that's "Usefull Links" at the bottom of the page. It should be Useful.
Thanks for that catch! I added it to our bugs chat - One of our managers will get to it soon & task the fix to someone :)

Brad

Paragon
Mar 31, 2010
FP$
  • Clicking on services in header goes to a 404.
  • You mention that you're developers, your services suggest that you build websites, looking at the portfolio section, I don't see a tab that shows that what sites you've developed (unless it falls under projects).
  • Most of the sites in the portfolio either have a very basic bootstrap template or one from Envato, which leads to my next point.
  • Prices seem a bit over the top considering I could go to Envato and get a theme for $20 and a PHP contact script and put it together with not much skill required.

Ghost

Seasoned Veteran
Blogger
Jun 25, 2009
Earth
wubur.com
FP$
  • Clicking on services in header goes to a 404.
  • You mention that you're developers, your services suggest that you build websites, looking at the portfolio section, I don't see a tab that shows that what sites you've developed (unless it falls under projects).
  • Most of the sites in the portfolio either have a very basic bootstrap template or one from Envato, which leads to my next point.
  • Prices seem a bit over the top considering I could go to Envato and get a theme for $20 and a PHP contact script and put it together with not much skill required.
Hey, great questions.
most of the work is system based, not design. We create customer and employee portals, custom ecommerce,forums, text / call APIs, etc. we do have to update the portfolio but our three biggest clients have ongoing projects for 1-2+ years so we haven't issued full case studies yet.

Our design prices are high because most of our clients spend at least $3k and our biggest spend $30-80k so we haven't focused as much on small sites.

Brad

Paragon
Mar 31, 2010
FP$
Most if not all big companies would much prefer something that matches their branding over some standard Bootstrap theme, i've done work for some of the biggest companies in Australia and I can tell you from experience that making solutions more catered to the client is a big plus that'll score you points if you ever sit down with the CEO of a company. Plus if they're spending $30-80k, im sure that you could fit an hour in there to change some CSS.

Ghost

Seasoned Veteran
Blogger
Jun 25, 2009
Earth
wubur.com
FP$
Most if not all big companies would much prefer something that matches their branding over some standard Bootstrap theme, i've done work for some of the biggest companies in Australia and I can tell you from experience that making solutions more catered to the client is a big plus that'll score you points if you ever sit down with the CEO of a company. Plus if they're spending $30-80k, im sure that you could fit an hour in there to change some CSS.
We'll that's what I am saying
We don't just throw a Bootstrap theme on. It's gonna take around 2-6 hours per portfolio item, so we put it on hold for the new site and next step is redoing the portfolio with the last year or two of work added. The stuff on the portfolio is from years ago, we usually just do private demos with current clients

K

kode_block

I really have nothing to criticize here.

The Website reflects modern Web-Design perfectly and the Animations are incredibly smooth. The Graphics are also professionally, well-made which adds to the modern Web-Design. I must also say, you're Portfolio is amazing too. Keep that Portfolio stocked-up and you'll have Clients flocking to you in no time.

But again, nothing to criticize. I wish you the best of luck to the Future of your Business, @Ghost.