Xampp

Discussion in 'Software & Hosting Discussions' started by Scrooge, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Scrooge

Scrooge Bah Humbug Forum Sponsor

+218
    Hi

So I've been playing around with XAMPP lately.... if I wish to share what is in my XAMPP etc Wordpress, Joomla, that kind of thing.... how do I go about that?

While I have great web development knowledge deploying and doing IP stuff to connect to XAMPP is like a foreign concept to me - even watching tutorials etc get me quite confused.

Why is this not as simple as web development...

2. Lucky!

Lucky! Assistant to the Regional Manager Retired Admin Forum Sponsor

+358
    If you're running Windows, the firewall rules are most likely blocking the connection. You will want to look into adding a FW rule to allow xampp or allowing the port, most likely 80. Another issue is most ISPs block ports 80/443 as those ports are common for listeners, which is a sign of a server and most ISP don't allow you to manage servers on their service. Depending on your router, you might need to port forward from there as well.

3. テクニカル諏訪子

テクニカル諏訪子 Familiar Face

+7
    I experimented with XAMPP (LAMPP) on a VPS long time ago; not recommended.
    It breaks easy, and you must restart once every few days again.

Best is to install NGINX with PHP-FPM and MariaDB on a Debian or CentOS server, it's really not as hard as it looks like!

4. Paul DEN

Paul DEN New Arrival

+0
    Let's try cloud hosting like AWS , DO because its provide all facilities if you dont have knowledge goes with Cloudways , Bluehost , Forge Manage Hosting Platform which provides many more.

5. Gingernuts Fairypie

Gingernuts Fairypie Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+1,906
    huh? what's that have to do with XAMPP???

6. テクニカル諏訪子

テクニカル諏訪子 Familiar Face

+7
    It's nice for people who just want to have a website and don't care about the rest.
    But there are also people including me that want to preserve full control over what we use, which is what shared/cloud hosting doesn't offer.