Cammeh

Administrator
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Cookie Badge
Over the last couple of weeks, we've been discussing some different terms with ThemeHouse in regards to getting our forum upgraded to XenForo 2.1, and introducing a new style with that. FP is a forum with a lot of different custom work that has been done to the forum, so it's a rather complex process to go from XF1.5 to XF2.1. One of the challenges we're also facing is how we'll bring FP$ to XF2.1. The credits/shop add-on we had been using was never updated to XF2, so we'll be forced to change add-ons. It currently looks like we'll be going with DragonByte this time around, so that's something to be excited about.

As far as the new style goes, we will reveal more information regarding this as it is given to us.

Sounds like the site will be down for half a day as you are moving to the new and the old. As long as you don'y loss members FP$ or content or other things then it's going to be all good. Remember to do an backup and also make an thread stating that when you going to be moving to 2.1 and let the members aware so that they will might do there own backup by typing there FP$ amount :p

About time that FP gets to move to 2.1 anyway LOL

Reactions: Cammeh

Cammeh

Administrator
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Cookie Badge
This could be a hard upgrade to do, good luck when the time comes.
Thanks Allan!

Sounds like the site will be down for half a day as you are moving to the new and the old. As long as you don'y loss members FP$ or content or other things then it's going to be all good. Remember to do an backup and also make an thread stating that when you going to be moving to 2.1 and let the members aware so that they will might do there own backup by typing there FP$ amount :p

About time that FP gets to move to 2.1 anyway LOL
I'm sure everything will go smoothly. :)

• Agree
Reactions: Daniel

Joshua Farrell

Administrator
Administrator
Nov 9, 2009
offtopichub.com
FP$
Like Badge
I am excited for some of the addons we will be using. The credit addons we are switching to, allows us to do a ton more than what we can do now with it, including allowing user created shops from within the addon.

Cammeh

Administrator
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Cookie Badge
I am excited for some of the addons we will be using. The credit addons we are switching to, allows us to do a ton more than what we can do now with it, including allowing user created shops from within the addon.
I am as well! We'll have a shop that actually works right. :p

Looking forward to the upgrade! Just remember to back up in case anything goes wrong. Wish you a smooth upgrade!
Of course! Thank you. :)

D

Deleted member 44219

To be honest, I'd like a Theme change. I do enjoy the current Style as well though. Upgrading to a new version of Forum Software, updating your Theme and having to re-doing Features like FP$ will be quite a challenge so I hope you, your team and any other people you're working with know what they're doing.

Good luck! I cannot wait to see what you'll bring to the community once the upgrade has been completed.

ChrisGrigg

Community Team Member
Community Team
Forum Sponsor
Looking forward to the upgrade! Just remember to back up in case anything goes wrong. Wish you a smooth upgrade!
Absolutely! We perform backups in 3 different locations including Google Drive, OVH Backup, and Local. Rest assured, FP will have plenty of backups during the upgrade should anything go wrong. :)

Absolutely! We perform backups in 3 different locations including Google Drive, OVH Backup, and Local. Rest assured, FP will have plenty of backups during the upgrade should anything go wrong. :)
Can you backup me :p

D

Deleted member 44219

Will the forum be offline during the upgrade or will we see the changes happening live?

And what about all of our Accounts, Threads, Replies, Likes etc.

Will the forum be offline during the upgrade or will we see the changes happening live?

And what about all of our Accounts, Threads, Replies, Likes etc.
They do an full backup before the move and the site will be offline when it's being updated. Accounts and content should't be lost as long as it's all backed up. It's not as big as moving to forum software to another.

Cammeh

Administrator
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Cookie Badge
We're behind schedule at the moment, but ThemeHouse has still been working on getting us to XF 2.1. They ran into some issues with getting XenPorta converted over to WordPress, but I'm sure they'll get that figured out soon. We're really just playing the waiting game right now. I expect all of this to be figured out before the end of this month though.