Your antivirus of choice is....

Webster

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Apr 3, 2014
Morganton, NC
FP$
Currently use Avast Free; have used Norton in the past. 'Bout the only AV (anti-virus) software I won't use is anything from Kaspersky Labs because of their "alleged" links with the Russian government.

mav3n

lvl 9000 IQ
May 22, 2011
FP$
Unix :)

Don't rely on Anti-virus too much, they don't update their threat signatures quickly enough like Anti-Malware. On top of that, most aniti virus softwares solely rely on signatures to detect threats whereas anti malware uses heuristic analysis. The latter being it's able to see how the application or executable and behaves and makes a decision off that as to allow it to run.

drmohansingh

New Arrival
Apr 11, 2019
FP$
Kaspersky Anti-Virus.
It has Automatic scans, drive-by cryptomining infection prevention, simplified security management.

Jason76

Package Team Member
Package Team
Nov 27, 2016
USA
jasonyankee.info
FP$
Nothing lately, but I shouldn't! Well, I do use premium MalwareBytes. Anyway, when I do have an anti-virus, it's WebRoot, but not sure if it's really better or not. I think the only bad anti-virus I've seen - might be Iolio, System Shield, - which comes System Mechanic, which, oddly enough, is a good program.

K

kode_block

I use McAfee. I am aware of it's History and it's Founder. But hey, it gets the job done. I don't have it on my Computer just yet as I'm just back after re-installing Windows and deleting Linux.

Webster

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Apr 3, 2014
Morganton, NC
FP$
Currently use Avast Free; have used Norton in the past. 'Bout the only AV (anti-virus) software I won't use is anything from Kaspersky Labs because of their "alleged" links with the Russian government.
Recently bought a refurbished computer (specifically, a Dell Optiplex 780 w/Windows 10) and currently use Avira; still prefer Avast Free but Avira works pretty darn well.

Jason76

Package Team Member
Package Team
Nov 27, 2016
USA
jasonyankee.info
FP$
I'm using System Shield, but I'm not sure if it's the best, probably the worst, lol. However, I don't go to compromising websites (peer-to-peer) and the program came free with System Mechanic (paid) - which is actually a well ranked computer cleaner.