Your favourite font.

Discussion in 'Web Development & Graphic Design' started by Jerlene, Feb 10, 2019 at 4:22 AM.

1. Jerlene

Jerlene Collecting FP$ Administrator

+523
    What is your favourite font to design with? Right now, I'm obsessed with Southampton.

2. Rick Ace

Rick Ace Administrator Administrator

+283
    For a long time I was addicted to Roboto and Open Sans. The first years of full compatibility of Google Web Fonts was exciting as a developer. :D

3. overcast

overcast Familiar Face

+18
    Arial, Proxima Nova and few sans fonts.

4. Jerlene

+523
    I don't like everyday fonts like Arial but I use it heavily for one of my services and it's growing on me.

5. Empire

Empire Valued Contributor Valued Contributor

+2,125
    For papers, Times New Roman. It's professional.

There's a whole bunch of bikeshedding that goes on with programming fonts, (Consolas, Fira, whatever) and all I can say is that I've used the default for so long that anything else looks weird. Neutra is pretty sexy. Other go to's are Roboto, Univers, Ostrich, Franklin Gothic, Din, and Avenir.

For serif fonts, I like Georgia and Palatino. Also, I enjoy slab serifs like Museo or Rockwell.

I'm already sick of Helvetica and Gotham. Not that I don't use them, but I'll try something else first just to keep it interesting and to experiment.

6. danthex

danthex GamingBoards.net King Community Team

+143
    Hmm, this is a tough one because I like so many. I'll have to go with Bambino! I like the clean, modern feel.

7. ebbymac

ebbymac Familiar Face

+36
    Sans-serif: Proxima Nova, Open Sans, Raleway, Roboto, Lato, Montserrat
    Serif: Playfair Display, Libre Baskerville, Modern no. 20
    Slab: Sanchez Slab
    Impact: Steelfish, Open Sans Condensed

I always love a fun script font. Most of the scripts they sell on Creative Market are really lovely. I hate those system default fonts, though, ugh.

8. Jerlene

+523
    I'm a huge fan of Bambino, too.