Your first forum?

Abizaga

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Jul 10, 2020
geezezone.com
FP$
Ey what was the first board you ever made? What software did it use? Did it become big? Mine was some half assed proboards site in middle school that went nowhere! ๐Ÿคฃ

Reactions: Cam!

Cumulus

Marketing Team Leader ๐Ÿ“Š
Marketing Team
Oct 8, 2020
UK
FP$
Thank You Badge
Omg ProBoards I remember them! I think mine was on a site called FreeForums: It was pretty bad

Abizaga

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Jul 10, 2020
geezezone.com
FP$
Omg ProBoards I remember them! I think mine was on a site called FreeForums: It was pretty bad
FreeForums? What software did it use? And yeah Proboards is so oldschool, and its still kickin!

Cam!

This is Water
Administrator
May 11, 2010
Nashville, TN
www.camerontaylor.net
FP$
Pokemon Master
Like Badge
Cookie Badge
Ey what was the first board you ever made? What software did it use? Did it become big? Mine was some half assed proboards site in middle school that went nowhere! ๐Ÿคฃ

My first forum was called "UDK Rocks," which was a reference to UpperDeckKids, which was a rewards site/forum that so many of us were on back then. This forum is still live to this day, although it looks nothing like it did. ProBoards has made a couple of major upgrades to their software since then. You're welcome to check out my cringeworthy posts though. The forum had a huge sum of 48 posts... Very successful, I know.

Reactions: Abizaga

Matthew

#MasksSaveLives
Jun 28, 2010
FP$
My first forum was called "UDK Rocks," which was a reference to UpperDeckKids, which was a rewards site/forum that so many of us were on back then. This forum is still live to this day, although it looks nothing like it did. ProBoards has made a couple of major upgrades to their software since then. You're welcome to check out my cringeworthy posts though. The forum had a huge sum of 48 posts... Very successful, I know.
https://udkrocks.proboards.com/thread/1/rejected-hope-sites-good Love it

I ran a Pokรฉmon forum on Zetaboards. Had like 2k posts before I got bored. My first forum experience though was the RuneScape Official Forums way back in the day. I think I tried to buy a rune kite shield for 28k instead of 32k?

Joshua Farrell

Papa Smurf
Nov 9, 2009
forumpromotion.net
FP$
Red Diamond
Way back in the day (way way way back in the day), the first forum I personally created, was a forum created on ProBoards.com. Because if my inexperience and being 13 at the time, I never settled specifically on a topic for the forum. Eventually I ended up deleting it, after I finally figured out what I wanted to create something on a specific subject.

Abizaga

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Jul 10, 2020
geezezone.com
FP$
Thats probably STILL better than my first site ever did ๐Ÿคฃ I see many proboards and invisionfree forums! Good times!

Dotgician

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Feb 9, 2020
FP$
It was GFXcenter.org i used phpbb i believe or maybe it was mybb... it lasted less then a month lol it was around 2010 i belive...

KnownSyntax

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Mar 21, 2016
Arizona, United States
FP$
InvisionFree - was for a RuneScape clan that I was staff on (believe it was called Souls Of The Fallen). Helped out with a few others before moving to MyBB with another clan, and then making my own websites personally via phpBB/WoltLab/GetGrav/WordPress/Joomla.

My first was a sci-fi Proboard, but this was back in 2002. Those sci-fi forums that were about were either star trek or star wars orientated/themed, so I saw the gap in the market for an all round sci-fi forum and went for it! It became quite sucesssful.especially after adding a Matrix forum either after the first film or as the second was coming out. I still hadn't seen them but thought it might be popular and the members came flooding in with huge-ass discussions about theories and stuff. This wasn't the best pat however.

The best thing about it was the forum became more than the sum of it's parts due to close friendships and became more than a message board. That was the beauty of it, because of the closeless of the community, that's what made it shine more than member/post/thread count to be honest.

Abizaga

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Jul 10, 2020
geezezone.com
FP$
InvisionFree - was for a RuneScape clan that I was staff on (believe it was called Souls Of The Fallen). Helped out with a few others before moving to MyBB with another clan, and then making my own websites personally via phpBB/WoltLab/GetGrav/WordPress/Joomla.
I never actually used Joomla. How is it?

Abizaga

Up-and-Coming Sensation
Jul 10, 2020
geezezone.com
FP$
Maybe I'll try some day! :)
Also if you guys remember the forum addresses, you could use web archive and link it!