Your thoughts on "The Fireside Chats" blog......?

Pennywise

Madly Diligent
Site Name: The Fireside Chats
Site URL: https://firesidechats.home.blog/
Date Opened: January 5, 2019
Notes: I would like to know what your honest opinion is regarding the "theme" of the blog. Do you like it or do you think it should be changed? If you would like to see it changed, what are the changes you would like to see? What kind of a "theme" would you want to see on the blog?

cinderella

New Arrival
Mar 15, 2019
FP$
I love the feel when I browse through your contents. Simple and easy to navigate. I love to read novels when I was still in college but currently, I just have no time for reading this kind of stuff.

Reactions: Pennywise

TopSilver

Acquaintance
Mar 16, 2019
www.mindpiff.com
FP$
@Grimalkin it looks good and I like the content is readable on the main page but I think a more attractive way of doing it would be to have shorter excerpts and more of them. A lot of people don't do this and it takes away from showing the true content there site has. I'm not exactly sure how much content your site has so far but if you added more blog posts with shorter excerpts and made them viewable closer together. So you could view multiple excerpts at once (instead of having to scroll down the page to see more) it would probably get a lot more attention. That way when a user views your site they may have 3 or 4 excerpts they can immediately see before scrolling down. This would lead to a lot more comments I believe because chances are if a user can see more than one at a time they will click on a "continue reading" link more often. Just some thoughts but great site. Looks good.

Pennywise

Madly Diligent
Thank you for your input @TopSilver

I added some categories and what not on the side of the blog so that people can kind of see what would interest them without having to scroll all the way down to the bottom. What you suggested would be okay though. I would have to switch to a different theme. There are a few that would allow me to do what you are talking about. I will have to see which one works best with my blog.

Last edited:
Reactions: TopSilver

Malcolmjr96

Forum Technician
Forum Technician
Apr 17, 2016
Canada
FP$
I’m actually fairly impressed! I checked your site on mobile and I have honestly got nothing to say.

Great work!