Ever had your host crash, and it ruin your site's activity?

Zyenet

Addicted
Reaction score
FP$
Ever had your host crash, and it ruin your site's activity?
I did. Back in October, my webhost had a problem with my account, so they suspended it (billing issues) for about 10 days.
When it came back up, I found the activity was ruined, as we were getting about 10 posts per day. (before the downtime) ~evil~
Ever had this happen for you guys?

Yes. Back in April (2007) Forumsvibe (old host) had a database crash. We had about 300 or so posts, and lost all of them, with the members. Hard drive problems and too many spammers brought me to FreeForums.

Yes, several times through pc-core. I paid for a year in advance too. I lost members as well. When I left pc-core for these problems, I never received a refund either. ~sad~

So, who's FP hosted by now, LunarPages?

Regards Jason

Yes, it's temporarily LunarPages, which doesnt seem to be good great at the moment, considering half the images won't load.

I may have a discussion tonight with fowler regarding possible host changes.

Images load fine for me.

Pages load within 2 seconds

Lunarpages are great in my opinion.

Obviously, as this site grows, you'll be forced to get either VPS or dedicated hosting, which is not cheap!

Images loading fine here as well.

Regards Jason :)

Christian said:
Yes, it's temporarily LunarPages, which doesnt seem to be good great at the moment, considering half the images won't load.
Exactly.. That was why i thought it was better to move. There was a few little issues and occasional slowness/ downtime with lunarpages that annoyed me and persuaded me to move.

Again i seem to be on a crap server at lunarpages... It is just my luck. :roll:

Fowler, I seem to be on a crap server through HostGator. I haven't had much luck with hosting. ~sad~

I heard good things about blue host, but I feel like it's all the same if you're on a shared hosting plan which is all I can afford at the moment.

Fowler, try and get yourself on the LEDA server. I'm on that and had no problems whatsoever. It's the newest server at LP and has php 5 and mySQL 5 standard.

But, your probably best getting VPS hosting hehe.

Regards Jason :)

I know we have only been on LP for almost 2 months but so far they have been great, lets just hope it will stay that way.

I want to stay away from server transfers if possible... I have learned that lesson the hard way...

They started off great for me but then there was a few issues towards the end although so far I haven't had any issues (although we have only been back for 2 days).

Also Van1lla there was one time when both me and Christian had some speed issues with your forum a few weeks ago.

Fowler said:
Also Van1lla there was one time when both me and Christian had some speed issues with your forum a few weeks ago.

Damn, its already started. i have noticed some issues, sometimes it doesn't load or its slow. But it doesnt last long.

It's the trouble with shared hosting as you share the server with about 500 people so if one person uses alot of cpu then it affects the other 499 sites on the server... -evil-

Not through host crashing no, but did when I switched to vb. All fine soon after though :)

I've experienced a few problems with Lunar Pages too, sometimes there is slowness and i cant access the forum at all. But everything is fine again within 30 seconds or so.

We are thinking of moving to WebHostingPad once our plan with Lunar Pages has expired, they offer much more disk space and bandwidth for less. They have some good reviews too.

well, my top gear forum will most likely be dead when it's working again.

I'm working on re-installing the themes and all the [mod]s at the moment, but i get the impression it will only be me posting there for a while once it's alive again ~lol~

Featured Websites

Back
Top Bottom