LA Noire

Not having online play may of killed it for me but it still looks attractive.

I can't wait for this game to be released.

[youtube]NTOlEUAtGog[/youtube]

dan213 said:
Online for LA Noire would have killed it for me. Would just be a pointless money grab, ala bioshock 2. Glad that Team Bondi is doing things their way, taking a long time but think it'll be worth it :D.

And for those that said games can't be art... the ending of this gen is proving otherwise.

Gimgak said:
dan213 said:
Online for LA Noire would have killed it for me. Would just be a pointless money grab, ala bioshock 2. Glad that Team Bondi is doing things their way, taking a long time but think it'll be worth it :D.

And for those that said games can't be art... the ending of this gen is proving otherwise.

I agree, I am hugely looking foward to this game, I even made a forum for it.

Gimgak said:
dan213 said:

Lol? I'm assuming you never played GTA IV with friends? Free roam 1940s era in old cars and city remakes would of been amazing. Everything to era with guns, clothes, music, cars, buildings, etc. and exploring it with the graphics they have been displaying would of easily been a blast.

I think the whole reason a business brings out a new game is to make money (if you want to be honest), "pointless" money grab is what keeps them making new games for everyone to enjoy.

To each their own!

MXrider13 said:

I think you bought that forum, but fair enough since your developing it further :p.

To me atleast, it seems that LA Noire is a classic adventure game put in a 3D engine. GTA is all about screwing around. LA Noire seems more about the story. Combat isn't the main point of the game and you can go keeping it at the minimum, making a shooter out of it would be stupid.

Games are more than just money IMO. The Wii shovelware is games made just for money, and you know crappy those are. Games take passion, no one is going to spend 2+ years of their lives if they dont care about it.

Gimgak said:
To me atleast, it seems that LA Noire is a classic adventure game put in a 3D engine. GTA is all about screwing around. LA Noire seems more about the story. Combat isn't the main point of the game and you can go keeping it at the minimum, making a shooter out of it would be stupid.

Games are more than just money IMO. The Wii shovelware is games made just for money, and you know crappy those are. Games take passion, no one is going to spend 2+ years of their lives if they dont care about it.

I agree with you but also making the game appeal to a wider range is also important, I didn't say it wasn't going to be a great game because I think it will. Just coming from a GTA IV perspective, it would of been insane if they added a free roam option to play with friends.

That era has always appealed to me because most of the games now are modern which isn't as much of a "mystery". Not sure if you ever played Mafia or this other game that was from that era (can't think of the name, maybe someone can) but driving those old school cars was amazing and so was seeing the city and the lifestyles. Neither of those games had free roam either which was a let down for me as well.

But back on topic and off the debate :p , I think the game will still be amazing but it lost some "cool" points from me personally when I heard that online play wasn't included.

Guess it just doesn't bother me as much, as long as the game is long enough and has re-playability it's fine :p. Course you never know what you're missing, when I first heard brotherhood was going to have multiplayer i thought it'd suck but now it's probably my favorite game to play online :p.

But yeah still need to get Mafia II, they have or are soon releasing a 'director's cut' edition which comes with the DLC so might be worth it.

Gimgak said:
Guess it just doesn't bother me as much, as long as the game is long enough and has re-playability it's fine :p. Course you never know what you're missing, when I first heard brotherhood was going to have multiplayer i thought it'd suck but now it's probably my favorite game to play online :p.

But yeah still need to get Mafia II, they have or are soon releasing a 'director's cut' edition which comes with the DLC so might be worth it.

Yeah, that is one of the biggest things for me. After beating the game I feel like there is no use to really play it anymore unless there is a multiplayer.

Which is why games like New Vegas are perfect. Single player, but the 20 or so hour storyline (without most sidequests) has so many variables you need to play at least 3 times to see everything.

MXrider13 said:

I think you bought that forum, but fair enough since your developing it further :p.[/quote]

Hey its you isn't!?! Well Yeah I did buy it, but I made all of the new members, Contests, etc.
But yeah I did buy it.<br /><br />-- 02 Apr 2011, 17:21 --<br /><br />
Gimgak said:
Which is why games like New Vegas are perfect. Single player, but the 20 or so hour storyline (without most sidequests) has so many variables you need to play at least 3 times to see everything.

I love long games like Fallout 3 and New Vegas as well.

MXrider13 said:
Hey its you isn't!?! Well Yeah I did buy it, but I made all of the new members, Contests, etc.But yeah I did buy it.

Yes sir! I know, I'm just giving you a hard time. :p

dan213 said:
MXrider13 said:
Hey its you isn't!?! Well Yeah I did buy it, but I made all of the new members, Contests, etc.But yeah I did buy it.

Yes sir! I know, I'm just giving you a hard time. :p
I'm used to sarcasm. Anyway the game looks just like playing a Movie, like LA Confidential, Out of the Past, or the Big Combo

Featured Websites

Back
Top Bottom