No Sleepover's

Nebulous

Hakuna Matata
Gamma Premium
Reaction score
FP$
Check out this site: http://www.nosleepover.com/

Basically its a campaign to end sleepovers because they believe that children get molested when staying the night at a friends house.

What do you think about this? Do you want to end sleepovers for children?
Would you allow your child to sleep over at a friends house?

It's up to parents to decide if the environment is right or not. Don't send your kids somewhere unless you know the other parents well.

With the mentality of those who made this campaign, we shouldn't let kids out of the house.

agentsantactu said:
It's up to parents to decide if the environment is right or not. Don't send your kids somewhere unless you know the other parents well.

Good advice. It seems like everybody has to make a big deal out of everything these days.

WHAT?!?! I think ending sleepovers is crazy. It's the parent's responsibility to make sure they trust where their children are going. When I was younger, it used to be "I'll have to call his/her mother." But now I think we live in an age that's so full of texting, facebook, etc. that we're actually afraid to pick up the phone and call someone.

Obviously I'm not going to send my children to a house where I don't know the parents. Also I think it's better for kids to experience their first sleepovers in a group setting (like a birthday slumber party!). I'd much rather have my child interacting with kids at a sleepover than over the internet.

This site is a gigantic load of bull sh i t. (i think that got me around the censor?). Yeah as felicia said my parents always called before I wanted to go somewhere (for the first time) and talk to the parents. This is insane. I've been having sleepovers since I was like 6 years old and I've never been molested.

Yeah, I agree with Agent and Irviding. My parents always make sure they trust the parents before letting me spend the night at a friends house.

My 60 year old friend Tim R. was appalled by this website. I used to sleep over his house all the time when I was 6!

theezy said:
Check out this site: http://www.nosleepover.com/

Basically its a campaign to end sleepovers because they believe that children get molested when staying the night at a friends house.

What do you think about this? Do you want to end sleepovers for children?
Would you allow your child to sleep over at a friends house?

You know I don't understand what this world is coming to. Are people really that paranoid that their kids are getting molested at sleep overs? I mean come on.

THis is crazy. Like everyone said, it's up to the parents to judge the environment they're letting their child stay at. My mom, still to this day, only let's me stay at friend's houses that she knows well. I'm against that website.

When I had a son of my own, I adopted a policy of “No Sleepovers”. I would keep him safe in his own bed. As he got older, and the opportunity presented itself, I shared my views and found that many parents, who had never even considered the risks of sleepovers, were ready to take a stand, as I had. As I shared what I knew, I learned many of these parents either drastically reduced or eliminated sleepovers from their family’s activities entirely. I’ve come to know that when armed with statistics, information and support, parents invariably make the safe choice, and keep their children home in their own beds.
Bravo. Prime faux news material right there.

Next thing this woman (name is Soraya Cartwright so just guessing) will be supporting female circumcision to ensure girls remain virgins :lol:

Sleep overs are funn!!!! my frends dad always lets me sleep with him i like him alot. sometimes tho my botom hhurts after the nite but he tells me i shuldnt tell momy about it.

im sleeping over tomorow! Yay
$5 blog owner will take this comment and create a blog post about it :laughing:

agentsantactu said:

With the mentality of those who made this campaign, we shouldn't let kids out of the house.
Worded perfectly.

Completely agree with you

No Sleepover Comment Policy
While all opinions are always welcome, I retain the right to delete any comments that are rude or inappropriate.
Blogroll

So yeah the only reason everyone agrees with the person on the comments is only comments that agree with him are shown.

agentsantactu said:
we shouldn't let kids out of the house.
You let them out?!?!

Its crazy. Really if you worried about things like that then you would never let your kids out of your sight. It can happen at school or anywhere.

Although having said that when I was about 8 or 9 I was best friends with this girl. I stayed over at her house most weekends, she just lived with her dad and brother. Then one weekend they all dissapeared, I didn't know what happened.

A few days later there was a knock on our door and it was two plain clothed police officers wanting to talk to me about my friends dad. Apparently someone had discovered that he was molesting both my friend and her brother. Nothing ever happened to me while I was there but it has made me wary of letting my kids sleep over.

My eldest is only 4yrs and had been to his friends house for tea but not to sleep over, I think he is a bit young. It does worry me a bit to be honest as no one had any idea about my friends dad.

Firstly, I've been to sleepovers and never been molested. I'm sure a small minority of cases will have different results, but to base your decision on a small proportion of results is ridiculous. It's like banning rise because someone, somewhere choked on rice...

Also, even if it was a problem, there's no reason to ban it. Not only is it impossible to enforce, but it's not the government's job. If a parent wants to ban their own children from sleepovers, let them. Let parents bring up their own kids.

We should set up a government department called "ASTF" - Anti Sleepover Task Force. They can patrol the roads and randomly bust down peoples' doors to make sure no sleepovers are going on.

Irviding said:
We should set up a government department called "ASTF" - Anti Sleepover Task Force. They can patrol the roads and randomly bust down peoples' doors to make sure no sleepovers are going on.
*busts down the door* DID I HEAR LAUGHTER???
Just think of all the new jobs ;)

But usually, when I'm at a friend's house, the parents just toss us some food and then want nothing to do with us except to shut up when they're trying to sleep :p

Featured Websites

Back
Top Bottom