Question

• Thread starter Deleted member 5665
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5665

Well I like seeing the results on google for my site. Using site:thenyourdomain. I don't know if it is much important to check out once in a while. But is it important? To check how many results your site gets on google?

I checked for my new site I am making which... The link has not been released yet due to not have finished the forum yet. But I checked it out and it already has almost 1,000 results and its only been a week. My old forum Rankupforum even using SEO-friendly links struggled to get 500 in 6 months. :shock:

Well it took a while for my forum to be Indexed. Probably a week.

UltimatePoster said:
Well it took a while for my forum to be Indexed. Probably a week.

Mine got started ranking on google within 2 days. I checked everyday since I open my forum up and started working on it. :p

I have not even released the link yet and I have not been able to finish it. I will be able to in like 3-4 days from now.

Is the domain a new register or did you buy it from someone?

Fluffybunny said:

Totally new. Thats why I was shocked when I checked my results for my domain.

That is pretty weird, my guess is the term for it is common or someone owned it before you. Anyways thats good for you :)

Kaiser. said:
That is pretty weird, my guess is the term for it is common or someone owned it before you. Anyways thats good for you :)

From my knowing no one has owned it before me. It was first time it seemed to been registered.

I wouldn't say that it is a "life or death" situation in trying to improve SEO. It may help, it may not. It is such an insignificant change that I don't know if you'd be able to track a change in activity or PR :shrug:

Sakura said:
Fluffybunny said:

Totally new. Thats why I was shocked when I checked my results for my domain.

That is odd. If you were to have gotten it second hand, then I can see it getting that many hits already, but brand new... now that I've never heard of before. I can only picture this happening with a domain that is purchased second-hand.

Yes having 1,000 results isn't actually that good even if your site is new, now search for the term most related with your domain and you won't find yourself within the first 10 pages.

One good way to see just which pages are indexed are to link your site up with Google Webmaster Tools. It helps you optimize your site for the search engine and then shows you the pages you have indexed, and how many people they are bringing in by keyword. I find it very helpful. Google has tons of free tools just like this to help you keep track of your search engine rankings.

MrJohn said:
One good way to see just which pages are indexed are to link your site up with Google Webmaster Tools. It helps you optimize your site for the search engine and then shows you the pages you have indexed, and how many people they are bringing in by keyword. I find it very helpful. Google has tons of free tools just like this to help you keep track of your search engine rankings.

Doesn't the new Xenforo software have a built-in something like this on the index? Where you can see just how a person has been looking for your site? Like whether they've done the full url, or if they've just searched by your site's name, or whatever? I've seen something like this on AdminBB.

Yea Google has a whole bunch of tools just like this. I use the Google Webmasters Tool to check out just what people are searching for when they visit my site. That way I can know which keyword combinations are working, and which ones are not. I have not had much experience with Xenforo, but that would be a helpful thing to have built in for sure.

MrJohn said:
Yea Google has a whole bunch of tools just like this. I use the Google Webmasters Tool to check out just what people are searching for when they visit my site. That way I can know which keyword combinations are working, and which ones are not. I have not had much experience with Xenforo, but that would be a helpful thing to have built in for sure.

I only have experience with Xeneforo as a member, but not as an administrator. However, it would be a neat thing to see this sort of thing implemented on other forum softwares as well. phpBB for example. I know a lot of forums have a "how did you find <insert site name here>" threads, but those don't get responded to very often anymore, so it would be kind of nice to have something like that so we know just how our members are finding us if they've found us through search engines and things like that.

I agree, I wish more forum software's came with SEO optimization as a main feature.

Featured Websites

Back
Top Bottom