Which trick has worked for you the best?

Carson

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
FP$
As in this thread, I would ask that you tell me what Promotion Trick listed in this forum has worked the best for you. Also, feel free to list your own, just whatever you think has worked the best.

Thanks! :)

Within this forum itself, I would have to say (so far) that making a request for 'post exchanges' has worked the best for me.

Outside of this forum, it would be a toss-up between advertising through various traffic exchanges and word-of-mouth.

Loving the post exchanges; what a fabulous idea! -D-

addme.com has worked the best for me. It submits me to hundreds of different search Engines Including Google, MSN, Ask, and Yahoo. Other than that I have no other traffic boosters.

Oops, silly me, my apologizies to you carsonk.

I guess I misunderstood your original post. I just re-read it now and I can certainly see that it was "my" error (blush, blush).

Please forgive my oversight. -redface-

Thanx so much. ~wink~

Don't worry T-babe -happy-

I would say out of the ones i tried probably trafficdigger as i have started to get quite a few hits through that now even though i gave up on it ages ago. -lol-

While I greatly appreciate the help this forum gives. And must say the staff are topnotch in keeping things running smoothly....

The best promotion I ever got was when I actually ventured out to sites to tell them about my forum... which makes sense because there is no chance of collecting users around a series of forums where everyone is the admin of their on site!!

PS: Hi Fowler, been busy lately improving my site and with well.. LIFE, but good to see you again.

What worked best fore me was using linkreferral and other traffic-exchange sites. Adding to search engines didn't do much.

carsonk said:
As in this thread, I would ask that you tell me what Promotion Trick listed in this forum has worked the best for you. Also, feel free to list your own, just whatever you think has worked the best.

Thanks! :)

I jump up and down and then tap my feet together 3 times to get more traffic to my forum.

I've had some success using digg, technorati, delicious and others to promote content and drive traffic to mmy forum

Fowler said:
alxz1194 said:
Adding to search engines didn't do much.
It only helps if you are near the top of the list of search results for your keywords.
Weird... It helped me quite a bit. entering the search "user's union" in to Google usually got me a long list of drug sites, but now that I re-entered it into the google search engine my site is at the top of the list.

A very good deal I think! :D

I would say putting your site in google helps alot do not have it in google but search latiosworld and that site got 200 memberds in two months

As simple as this might sound, the best source/trick for advertising
my forum has been my members. If you provide a fun and
active community, your members will do a lot of promotion for you
without even asking them too. They will tell their friends on other forums
and so on. Best publicity ever. -8)-

On here, affiliating with other forums.

Outside this forum, probably posting a lot on my forum, and making a few fake members that I use to post. (It is a great idea)
Along with now having a homepage. :wink:

DSi said:
Definitely Post Exchange!

But outside of this forum, the best trick has been going out on other forums and telling everyone about my forum.

Absolutly correct on both accounts. The more forums you surf the coverage you get.

all of this sounds so confusing to be..argh I need to learn how to understand this stuff so I can promote my site! ~cry~

Featured Websites

Back
Top Bottom